2021 Britannia One Ounce Silver Coin
- Fine Weight (grams): 31.103
- Fine Weight (troy oz): 1
- Gross Weight (grams): 31.103
- Gross Weight (troy oz): 1
For 2021 the new Britannia 1oz silver coin contains best-in-class security technology, leading the way as the most visually secure bullion coin in the world.
Made from 999 fine silver, the coin features Philip Nathan’s masterful Britannia, the feminine personification of the United Kingdom. The coin depicts Britannia standing atop the beach front holding a trident in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The obverse has the fifth portrait variant of Queen Elizabeth II. All Royal Mint coins are CGT exempt.
- Micro text next to the coin’s banding reads ‘DECUS ET TUTAMEN’, which translates as ‘AN ORNAMENT AND A SAFEGUARD’
- A latent feature switches between a trident and a padlock as the viewer changes their perspective, representing both Britannia and bullion security.
- Tincture lines highlight Britannia’s Union flag shield, a powerful symbol of Britain as a whole.
- Surface animation reflecting the movement of the sea, adding to the intricacy and safety of the coin.